Saturday, November 15, 2014

No Winter Blues Here 2014

This winter was so jam packed, I hardly had a weekend of downtime.  Luckily, it was full of tons of fun!

To kick it off, I was so excited for Cariad Harmon's new album release party at one of my favorite NYC venues (Rockwood Music Hall). Not only is her music beyond amazing, but she also happens to be an awesome guitar teacher, one of my musical inspirations, and just one of the coolest chicks I know.  Peter, Allison and Becca joined me for the show.
Cariad, killing it on stage

I had an unexpected, but awesome, brunch with my cousins Liz & Bridget who were in town for the weekend.  Such a fun catch up!  

Gibson Girls Take Manhattan!

Since I was already uptown, Pete met me at the Guggenheim for an afternoon of art & culture. 









Before we knew it, it was Rachel Craft's annual Urban Thanksgiving.  Peter and I (well, mostly Peter) tackled dessert.  The boy can bake :)  I went for visual effect and made min-pumpkin pies based on this recipe I spotted on Pinterest (but I cheated and used Libby's Pumpkin Mix....shhhhhh!).

Pete's Cakes: Chocolate Man Cake & Chocolate Blackout Cake



Then it was GO BLUE time. WAAAAAAY back in January of 2014, Pete ordered a bunch of tickets to the Michigan holiday invitational at Barclays, we've both been going - many times together - for the last few years since the invitational started.  I of course reserved 2 tickets (optimistic that I'd have a date), little did I know we'd be going as each other's dates :)
Barclays!
Gang's all here: (from the left): Me, Pete, Kristen, Seth, Kara, Brady, Ken, Dana & Gates



Just for fun, here's a flashback to me + Peter at the same game, 2 years ago:

awwww, aren't we cute!? (circa 12-2012)
note to self: grow hair back out :)

We checked out a new village music venue called Subculture to hear Griffin House perform.  I quite enjoyed it (despite the crazy commute Peter suffered to get there).


I joined Peter at his co-worker's holiday party uptown, and he hung out with this frog:



I joined my girl Beth, her hubby Jeff and her brother Paul to celebrate her 33rd birthday in style at one of my favorite spots: Freemans!  It's located down this adorable, picturesque NYC alley:


Rachael & Beth 12-2014
Been celebrating 10 years worth of birthdays with this lady, can't wait for 10 more!

Before heading out of town for the holidays, I got got time to catch up with one of my fave pals, Nina.  We hit up a local haunt I'd been wanting to check out - Tea & Sympathy for an English Breakfast and a pot of tea on one of the coldest mornings this winter:
a spot of tea on a cold day with Nina

Like I said, no winter blues here!  Been keeping busy and eating well (as always). xo

No comments:

Post a Comment