Saturday, September 6, 2014

Beachelorette Fun!

After months of planning and scheming and getting all my ducks in a row, the weekend finally arrived: Allison's Beachelorette Getaway on Fire Island (note: full credit for creating a new word of beach + bachelorette a la Brangelina goes to the trusty groom, Andrew).  Her only instructions to me were "I want to be at the beach with all of my favorite girls, have a fun, low key weekend and NO penis paraphernalia" - I did my best, and I think it turned out pretty well, if I say so myself!  There was even a Barbie cake :)

The BEACHelorettes!

Lauren (the sister-of-the-groom-and-hostess-with-the-mostess) and I arrived early on Friday to get the place set up:


welcome bags for each Beachelorette







We set up the house and Lauren kicked off the weekend with her amazing cocktail making!




















The girls arrived in time for a luau grilled dinner (thanks to grill-master Sarah) followed by Lingerie Shower and game night.

in my luau gear and ready to welcome the girls!



Rach and I spent Thursday night baking up a storm (well, mostly her baking, me watching) to make a Beachelorette Barbie cake for our favorite bride-to-be:



We spent the entire next day relaxing at the beach. The weather gods were on our side and we had 2 of the most beautiful beach days possible!

Gang's (almost) all here: me, Susie, Rach, Heather,
Bride-to-Be, Bonika, Ali, Becca & Sarah

Turkish Towels for everyone!

Sunning in style with Heather!

Bride + MOH
The Fire Island 'locals': Sarah, Kristen & Al

After we all enjoyed the amazing outdoor shower and some R&R, we headed out on the water taxi for dinner at Island Mermaid Restaurant followed by a night of drinks & dancing (enough fun to almost forget the brutal UM loss to Notre Dame)!

Go Blue!
With my party-planning-partner-in-crime: Lauren
right before the downpour hit!

The next day we headed back to the beach for more R&R and some sunshine to kick the hangovers.





Saying goodbye on the ferry!

Such a great weekend with an amazing group of BEACHELORETTES!
We love you Al!

1 comment:

  1. SUCH an amazing weekend! Like the wedding, not one I will soon forget! It's so rare to have all of your favorite women in one place and I think I underestimated that before this weekend. Can we do it again next year just because?! :)

    ReplyDelete