Saturday, March 7, 2015

Fun, Fun & More Fun

Winter keeps droning on with lots of snow and frigid temps.  Luckily, we haven't let that stop us from having a blast!  In fact, the last few weeks have been so chock-a-block full of adventures, I've gotten seriously behind in my blogging.  So here's what I've been up to:

Truly in the winter spirit, Pete took me ice skating at Lakeside Prospect Park in Brooklyn.  It was a chilly night, but a clear one.  We had some fun on the ice and enjoyed some very tasty hot cocoa!



We skated up an appetite and then headed out to a park of Brooklyn I've never been to before: Ditmus Park.  It is this very cool - but strange - little suburban neighborhood (with massive Victorian homes) but in an urban part of Brooklyn.  It's like being in the burbs but in the city.  I couldn't quite wrap my head around it - but I hope to get back (maybe on a warmer evening).  There is a great little street just around the corner that is loaded with cute restaurants and bars.  We checked out a little Filipino restaurant called Purple Yam and we were not disappointed!  

The next night we again ventured somewhere new (Queens!) for dinner with Ken & Kara at SriPraPhai - ranked one of the best authentic Thai places in NYC.  Another winner and made all the better by the liters of White Zinfandel we had flowing (all to help us prep for a karaoke birthday back in the city.

Pete, Rach, Kara & Ken

Karaoke was a blast - made all the better because my friends let me sign my favorite song: Dirrrrty by Xtina.  Best. Music Video. Ever.  I did not wear assless chaps.



Right around this time, my dear friend Heather had her baby!  A perfect little baby girl named Charlotte.  I was thrilled to get to visit them in the hospital.  I will definitely be getting any and all tips one day from Heather on how to look & feel amazing all through pregnancy and after labor!  She looks incredible.  I don't know how she did it & made it look so effortless!
This photo was taken less than 24 hours after giving birth!
Ahhh, Heather looks so amazing!
Auntie Rachael & Baby Charlotte
Peter had been itching to go on a ski trip.  I enjoy an afternoon on the slopes, but really, I'm more of an apres-ski kind of gal.  However, Peter found the best of both worlds: a 1-day ski getaway (transport from the city, lift tickets & rentals) to Hunter Mountain.  He brought some friends from work, I brought my girls Beth & Rach and it was a lovely day on the mountain.





Peter, Rach, Rach & Beth
Beth & Rach

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, all my life I never knew you were an Xtina fan. I would pay big bucks to see that karaoke rendition!

    ReplyDelete