Monday, February 9, 2015

Crushing My Jesus Year (Feb 2015)

It's now officially my Jesus year.  Yup, I'm the same age as Jesus was (33) when he really had his big break.  Hoping to crush this year in the same big (but hopefully different!) way that he did.  Despite the chilling weather and the ongoing 'wintery mix' it's been off to a great start! Here's a few things I've been up to:

Snow-daying it in BK after supposedly "Epic Winter Storm Juno" (which ended up not being quite so epic as they predicted.  That said, I never pass up a snow day...

Beautiful pink sunset over Prospect Park
we stumbled upon an awesome snowman village!
Pete in the moonlight
staying warm with some tequila
(and ice spheres! - thanks mom!)
We've been spoiling ourselves pretty rotten lately by sampling some incredible meals (Sushi Nakazawa, Carbone, Chuko, Marta, Bar Corvo, Saul, Freemans, I could go on) - but there are just so many good places to try and so little time!  I tapped into Google's concierge service to help secure a reservation for us a new spot by the owners of Carbone & Parm - their first foray into French cuisine: Dirty French.  It did NOT disappoint.  In fact, it might be one of the best meals we've had!

It was a very cute space, lots of energy, with a great french bistro vibe.  The place is so hot right now the only reservation we could get was at 10pm, so we kicked off the night with cocktails at Amor y Amargo before heading over to Dirty French.


Cold Night, Hot Date
And before I knew it, my 33rd bday rolled around.  I opted for a low-key celebration with a few of my favorite folks.  We had brunch at Vinegar Hill House and then headed to the King's County Distillery for a tour & a tasting.  It was a wonderful way to celebrate surrounded by the best of friends.  
 
Wall to wall Moonshine & Bourbon!

Al & Andrew, Peter & Rach, Beth & Jeff, Nina & John

The celebration didn't end there. Saturday night I had a wonderful dinner at one of my favorite spots Rouge et Blanc with Peter, his mom (whose bday is Feb 8th) and two of her cousins visiting from Anapolis.  On Sunday, Peter's mom treated us to a sake tasting & dinner at Bar Chuko and Peter got tickets to the sold out Hannibal Buress standup show at BAM.  We were LOFAO! 

To top the whole thing off, Peter booked a birthday dinner Monday night at my favorite spot in the city, the amazingly delicious Tanoshi.  The sushi was delectable, the sake was delish and the company was second to none! 

A VERY happy birthday to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment