Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Bath Was the Best Bit

There are many wonderful things to see and do in Dublin, however, on this quick trip I did none of them.  Add to that the 40 degree weather & rainy days and, well, the hotel bath really WAS the best bit of the trip.  

I stayed in a brand new hotel called The Marker, less than 10 minute walk from our offices.  The location was super convenient for work and the rooms were spacious and clean.  I live in roughly 350 square feet of space in NYC (my bathroom making up less than 25 square feet) so staying in hotels with large bathrooms is always a luxury.  This one had a huge soaking tub, a separate waterfall shower and heated marble floors.  Having grown up unabashedly spoiled by a full bath of my own, I often find myself missing the luxury of ending the day with a long hot soak.  One of the (many) perks of travel.  After two 12-hour days of back-to-back meetings & presentations, this one was a welcome sight:



An extra treat was the lovely Malin+Goetz products supplied by the hotel.  I was introduced to Malin+Goetz years ago by Allison, who, got me the amazing cilantro-infused conditioner to try during my I-love-cilantro-EVERYTHING kick (incidentally, this kick is still going strong).



I managed to fit in a few afterwork trips to the pub with my Dubliner work colleges for a few pints of Guinness (always a must when I'm in town).  We visited both The Bath (aptly named considering my trip highlight) and The Waterloo Bar & Gill.  I have to say, the Guinness truly IS better in Ireland. 


My Goodness My Guinness

I spotted this crumbling, abandoned building on my walk to work one morning.  I thought it still had a lovely look about it despite it's clear lack of care and attention.  The new buildings in Dublin are decidedly modern, shiny and full of glass.  I liked the look of this old brick structure down near the Quays, but I am known to like old things.



Luckily, there were no volcanoes (or other natural disasters) to interfere with my travels -- I'm hoping I have officially broken the curse.  On Thursday night we jetted back to London for one more day in our Soho office before I jump on the Eurostar and head to PARIS.






2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I can't even read your blog right now due to severe jealousy. It all looks amazing, and I wish I were there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, hope you stocked up on some Malin+Goetz! Bath looks lovely and hope the weekend in Paris is everything you hoped it would be! xoxo

    ReplyDelete